Note: these gadgets use HTML forms created by Google spreadsheet form editor. You can modify the spreadsheet form after it has been imported into SanMateoWaveforms.com.
1. go here http://docs.google.com/templates?type=forms&sort=hottest&view=public
2. pick the template you want to use and click "use this template"
3. you will see a form in the form editor. click "view the published form....."
4. select the url in the location bar. It will look like this: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGJJVnIzejdjWll1V3dndWhTWG9zQ2c6MA..
5. past that url into the 'Add Template' tab in the big empty box.
6. give it a new, unique form id: eg. survey
7. give it a Category or leave blank to recieve a category 'default'
8. in config type choose 'ssurlgadget'
9. click the save button. the machine will import your new form
10. click reload/expand in the 'Form Templates' tab
Public viewable gadgets (do not require a login) are listed in the drop down box on the right side of the following page:
You can view your gadget in a web page by using a url like the following:
to check it out. Make sure you replace the "timnash1~~contactus" with the name of your gadget. This is a useful webpage but it is NOT the gadget url. To see the Google Gadget url, just replace "servegadget.html" with "servegadget.xml"
11. Go to http://smw.appspot.com/servegadget.xml?formkey=YOUR_GADGET_NAME.xml for the gadget url.
12. Now embed the gadget into your web site. If your website doesn't support gadgets then use the html url in an iframe.
Note: To specify which user you want to have the data sent to, include &sendto=useremail at the end of the url string. When the user clicks submit, the form data will be submitted to the sendto account at sanmateowaveforms and will show up in that accounts inbox.